Stone Crabs are a local Florida Keys delicacy. The delicious Stone Crab Claw is a treat for any crab lover.
Please have a look at the following recipes for great ways to prepare your next Stone Crab meal from Keys Fisheries. To order your shipment of Stone Crab, please visit our online store.
Stone Crab Mustard Sauce:
- 2 Oz. of Coleman's English Dry Mustard
- 1 Qt. of Mayonnaise (Use 3/4 of it)
- 1/2 Cup of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 and 1/2 Cream
Blend ingredients slowly (about 3 to 5 minutes) and add a small amount of half and half until the mixture has a nice creamy consistency.
Refrigerate no longer than 5 days due to the half and half content. Coleman Mustard may be adjusted to individual taste. Caution: the spice in the mustard with gain strength when refrigerated.
Stone Crab Newberg:
- 1 Lb. Stone Crab Meat (Pasteurized Stone Crab Meat available at our market.)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Pinch of Hot Red (Cayenne) Pepper
- 2 Cups Light Cream
- 2 Egg Yolks, beaten
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tbsp flour
Crack Stone Crab Claws, remove meat, or you can use our pasteurized Stone Crab meat and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. In a large skillet, slowly melt butter; add salt, paprika, hot pepper and flour. Add cream gradually and simmer, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened slightly. Stir a little of the cream sauce into egg yokes. Add egg yokes to remaining crab sauce, stirring constantly. Add Stone Crab Meat. Simmer until heated. Stir in Sherry.
Serve immediately over rice or noodles. Recipe serves four.
Stone Crab Claws w/Hearts of Palm Salad and Honey Tangerine Gastrique:
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Honey Tangerine Juice
- 8 Fresh Hearts of Palm
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced Red Onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted Yellow Bell Peppers
- 2 Medium Honey Tangerines, peeled, cleaned, segmented
- 1/4 cup fresh Spinach, Stems removed
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Pounds of Stone Crab Claws, cooked, meat only, chilled
- 1 tbs. finely chopped parsley
In a small non-reactive saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and fruit juice. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by 3/4, or the mixture has thickened like syrup. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a small glass bowl. Let cool completely. Slice each Heart of Palm into thin strips. In a mixing bowl, combine the hearts of Palm, onions, peppers, tangerine segments, tarragon and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with enough olive oil to moisten the salad. In another mixing bowl, toss the crab claw meat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
To serve, mound the Hearts of Palm salad in the center of each plate. Lay a couple of the crab claws around the salad. Drizzle the entire plate with Gastrique. Garnish with parsley.